Friday, May 1, 2009

weirdness - diet & baking

I love to bake while I'm on this diet! Cakes, cookies, granola bars, etc.

I don't get it. I don't eat what I bake, or even lick my fingers or a spoon. Not ONE bite - but I love to make stuff.

When I was on P2 the 1st time, I was working and would just take all this yummy stuff to work and everyone else would eat it. Now that I'm not working - and my mom and ex husband are on my diet - no one will eat what I make.(my kids don't eat alot of sweets.) So I took 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies and another pan of chocolate chip cookie bars into my ex husbands office today for his sales floor to eat. I have no idea if they tasted good or not - I honestly didn't even taste them. They all thought I was crazy. Here I am shrinking from my diet but making yummy gooey desserts and not even tempted.

I deal with normal every day because of my kids and have no urge to eat what they eat. Nothing tempts me when I'm in my 'hcg zone', which I find amazing.

Have I said that I LOVE this diet?

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about. I bake for the 4-H kids and it doesn't bother me a bit. I love to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! Yesterday was my first day of VLCD and I spent the day in the kitchen baking. I thought it was because I wanted to be close to the food even though I couldn't eat it. My kids were stoked to come home from school and find homemade organic oatmeal and carob chip cookies. Especially because they normally give me a hard time because every meal/snack around here is DIY (do it yourself!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I'm not weird! =)
    I thought that it was because those foods make me feel normal!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate cookies are my downfall..lol I don't know if I would have been able to resist the temptation. That is great tht you have so much willpower. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete