Wednesday, February 25, 2009

'loading days' - are you serious?

Saturday January 17th, 2009

I get the HCG 'juice' as I call it, from my boss. She mixes it for me and I'm ready to go. Some people do injections of the hormone, but we do it under our tongues for quicker absorption than just swallowing it. We hold it there for 10 minutes and then swallow.

I find that it makes me slobber. Alot. I tell her about this and she laughs because she can remember that happening for the first few times. It doesn't taste bad, but it doesn't taste good. I can do this.

The first two days of the HCG - are your 'loading days'. As in - you eat everything that you can shove down your throat. It is necessary to eat very high fat foods, to plump up your fat cells. They say you have better success if you do this, and of course I'm game.

I go to the grocery store and I'm hell bent that I'm going to eat everything that I can, because I won't be able to for 4 weeks at least. It's hard to look for things that you really shouldn't have, when you have been eating somewhat healthy in the first place.

I got some quiche from work, BBQ fritos with cream cheese to dip into with, combos (2 bags), taco roll up thingsy that I dip into sour cream, a huge sub that I was going to slather with tons of mayo - you get the picture.

You are supposed to eat and eat and eat and eat ... and it sounds fun - but it's really not and it's certainly not easy.

The 2nd day we went to McDonalds and I had a club chicken sandwich with a super sized fry and tons of ranch to dip into - went home and thought I was going to die. I simply had not been eating these foods and my stomach was wondering what the heck was going on.

I weighed in on Monday - January 19th and was 3 lbs heavier than I was on Saturday morning before the binge began. Holy cow. Oh and did I mention that I felt like garbage? - actually like what I had eaten all weekend. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment