Wednesday, February 25, 2009

first week...

...was hard! I won't lie!

The whole diet is different. Your food choices are things I liked, but didn't eat every day. Very strict as far as what you can eat and not eat.

No oil, fat, butter, peanut butter, condiments.
No eyeliner, hand lotion, chap stick, moisturizers.
No milk in my coffee. No Splenda. No diet soda.

Exceptions were made when my lips were bleeding or my hands were cracking, but I bought different things that I had used previously - because any fat you put on your body - it will use for fuel. I want it to be eating MY fuel (my fat) so I avoided it.

I was exhausted. I wanted to eat foods that I had been eating. I missed eating the salads that Mark and I had been eating, that he was still eating.

I had noooo energy. I usually spring out bed in the morning and found myself dragging. My muscles ached. I wondered if I could do this diet, if this is how I would feel for a month.

On Friday of the first week I realized that I had lost 7 lbs. in that week.
That was inspiration enough to get up and continue to week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment